Linen is luxurious, highly absorbent, quick-drying, and one of the easiest fabrics to care for.
- Linen is also remarkable durable. Its long, smooth fibers are naturally lint-free, resistant to pilling, dirt, and stains, and can withstand high temperatures.
- Unlike fabrics that lose their shape and quality with use, linen becomes softer the more it is washed, and more attractive with age.
Most importantly, linen is inherently eco-friendly. The short growing cycle of flax – the plant from which linen is made – means it is quickly renewable, and every part of the plant is used to produce linen, ensuring zero waste.
Wash and Care Instructions
- Machine wash in cool or warm water.
- Use a mild detergent. No bleach.
- Line dry or tumble on low heat; remove while still damp.
- Ironing is optional, depending on preference (crisp and flat or soft and natural).
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- Every Joy Newton piece includes washing and care instructions printed neatly on a woven label.
We encourage you to use your tea towels daily and enjoy the lovely patina that develops with age.
- Promptly remove stains while still fresh and before they dry.
Pre-soak in mild detergent to lift stubborn stains.
- Never use chlorine bleach, which may damage the fibers.